Latest Posts:

Yemisi Suswam speaks -My husband has never beaten me



Suswam
Former Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam and wife Dooshima, are currently in pain at the moment and livid with anger at the same time.
Their utter state of discomfiture has to do with the story that made the rounds at the weekend that the ex-governor is jail-bound for turning his wife into a punching bag, an action seen as a mortal sin in white man’s country, particularly the land of the Queen.
More disconcerting is the fact that the story is coming at a time when the former first family are having a great time savouring a well-deserved rest in the US, where they are presently holidaying, away from the hassles of governance.
For the first time in the 16 years the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), this is the only time the former governor would have the opportunity of spending a long time holidaying, having worked first as a member of the House of Representatives for the first eight years and governor for another of the eight that ended on May 29, this year.
But part of the lamentations of the governor on Sunday is that his enemies seem sworn not to allow this by deliberately fouling the air for him, thousands of kilometres outside the shores of home Benue.

Palpably decked with emotions, the former governor, in a telephone conversation with some reporters from his current base, however, vowed to pay back such traducers, in a befitting coin.
While equally vowing to get to the bottom of the story, Suswam stated that he had already briefed his lawyers to commence immediate legal proceedings against the media houses that published the offensive report.
Denying that he engaged in any form of fisticuffs with his wife, not to talk of battering her, he said the report must have emanated from his enemies, lamenting the absence of the tenets of balanced reporting from the media, which made no attempt to get his side before going ahead with the “cooked-up story.
I wonder how some reputable media outfits would cheaply be allowed to be manipulated by vicious politicians who are at the moment desperate to tarnish my image with the obvious intention to bury my political profile," Suswam who lamented the current spate of blackmail in the polity, stated.
It would be recalled that only last week, the media was crammed with a story of how Suswam was arrested in the UK and fined about £5,000 for wife battery and could be facing about six months in jail.
But in the telephone conversation, he said contrary to the report, he was actually grooving with his wife. "Gentlemen, I am right here with my amiable wife, Dooshima and we are in a good mood taking some rest. I wonder what came over those who manufactured that cheap lie to disparage me and my lovely family.
"I value the media and as you can see, throughout my political life, I have taken the media as my best friends. I relate cordially with you because I know your importance and capacity to nation building. I have never undermined the media and do not think I will start now. But on this matter, I have decided that I must get to the root of where and how the cooked falsehood came to the media.
"I have already instructed my lawyers back home and they have already given me a feedback that they have already written to those media houses asking them to retract that piece of lie, failure to which other legal actions would follow.”
Collaborating her husband’s comments, Mrs. Suswam who also spoke, said she was amazed that her husband that had never raised his hand on her not even at the time he was always carrying the enormous pressure of the exalted office on his shoulders would commit such an "unimaginable" act as alleged in the story.
Share on Google Plus

About Igbudu James

Teryila Ibn Apine is a public affairs analyst and a blogger.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment