Latest Posts:

I WILL WORK FOR USHONGO - Hembaor Assures Ushongo people in Abuja

I WILL WORK FOR USHONGO - Hembaor Assures Ushongo people in Abuja


The Ushongo Local Government Chairmanship aspirant on the platform of the APC in the forthcoming Local Government election, Hon. Timothy Hembaor has promised to work at all time and seasons for the Ushongo people if elected as Chairman of the area.
Hon. Hembaor stated this in Abuja yesterday, while playing host to Ushongo sons and daughters based in Abuja, in continuation of his wide range consultations.
The courageous Hembaor said “I know you all know me. I pledge beforoe you again today that if elected as your chairman, I will provide appropriate leadership. Your struggle will be my struggle, your joy will be my joy, and your aspirations will be my aspirations. I will strive at all times to take decision that will benefit the greatest number of our Ushongo people. I will deviate from some conventions, if I have to, but at all time, all seasons, I will work for Ushongo people”
Hembaor lamented that, there is a foundamental disconnect between government and people in Ushongo Local Government for a very long time, which he said the challenges imposed by the experience are innumerable, promised to mobilize the people to brace up hard work and especially a well directed and holisitic change of attitude as one of the solutions.
The media guru, publisher, politican and philanthropist, Hon. Timothy  Hembaor told Ushongo people in Abuja that, he is aspiring to offer a completely new paradigm of government under which he will use existing communal structures and legendary “MY-BROTHER’S-KEEPER” spirit to drive development “my government will also be a people-oriented government in which I will help the masses to make decisions that will empower and ennoble them; a people driven development programme that involves ownership in conception, prioritisation, execution and monitoring”.
On his action plan, Hembaor said “My government shall not shy away from the obligation of government to interven respponsibly as social obligation in direct employment, subsidised social services like health and education, soft credit and other poverty reduction mechanisms that will ensure that the weakest in society is given the opportunity to develop and actualize their potentials. If elected, I must balance liberalism with social commitment to the weak and poor in Ushongo society. My conviction is that, if government deliberatley empowers people with knowledge and credit, it will ultimately develop the community”.
When asked to give a picture of how he want Ushongo to be under his watch, Hembaor said “I want to build a local government call Ushongo, where no one goes to bed on empty stomach or wakes up pre-occupied mainly with how to get what to eat for a day. I want household food security and agricultural products even for industry. I want all of us, espeicially our children, pregnant women and the vulnerable, to have unfettered access to quality health care when and where they need it. I want our market women and artisans to have access to credit, and our farmers to have access to inputs in adequate quantities and as at when due. And surely, I also want all citizen and residents of our dear Ushongo Local Government to be able to go about their legetimate businesses in secure space unmolested by all sorts of marauders and armed robbers. This is the Ushongo that I want under my watch”.
In their remarks, both Hon. Oliver Awar and Iorwuese Ali, Thanked Timothy Hembaor for the wide consultation with Ushongo sons and daughters to seeking their consent to lead them as their council chairman. Both described the move as a unique one in the right direction and assured him of their support.
Mr. Terseer Taakper who extolled the articulation of Hon. Timothy Hembaor and the manner he proffer solutions to the identified problems urged Ushongo people to support him.
Mr. Dan Ahsiekaa said it was unbeleivable that a young man of Hembaor status will be that sure of himself to that greatest extent which according to him is a main quality of a great leader.
It was unanimously resolved that Hon. Timothy Hembaor is compitent enough to rule Ushong Local  Government at this particular time and should be supported to actualize his ambition on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Teryila Ibn Apine is a public affairs analyst and a blogger.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment